Banner_Support

Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Only registered users can post in this forum
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing font scale from the Page

Changing font scale from the Page 9 months 1 week ago #497

I would like to be able to change the Font Scale from the Page.

I guessed at how to do it... I built a scene and made a certain Font Scale an Export Connection thinking I could Boolean the Font Scale On or Off. I named the exports "Large" and "Small" then set each one as a Boolean command inside the Page. It didn't work of course... Choosing the "Small" choice made the font large and choosing the "Large" showed no text at all.

Any help is appreciated,
James
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Changing font scale from the Page 9 months 1 week ago #499

There are many ways to change the font scale from Maestro. You can use Style Modifier in 3Designer and Decorated Text in Maestro, wich allows you to change many properties from a text element from Maestro.

But if you only want to change font scale between 2 values using a boole, you can do this:

* Select the font size>Create Export
* Select AGAIN the font size>Function
When the Function tab appears, select Use Condition and fill it like this

If E = 1
Then *insert first value for the size of the font
Else *insert second value for the size of the font

Then, in Maestro create a Boolean for that Export. When the Boolean is checked, is going to give the font size the first value you put in the function When is not, is going to give the second.

Changing font scale from the Page 9 months 1 week ago #500

Thanks Sebastián !

So the next question is how to have more than 2 options? Or should I use the Style Modifier in 3Designer and Decorated Text in Maestro as you mentioned.

It did take me some tinkering to write the expression. Only after I saw some other code in the "Use Condition" option did I figure it out.

Seems 3 sizes may push my current limits on writing expressions.

I'll experiment and see what happens.

Changing font scale from the Page 9 months 1 week ago #501

If you use a boole, you'll always be choosing between two values ("true" or "false").

But if you want to choose between many values, the easiest way without getting deeper in coding is:

First disable all the functions given to the font size, then creating (or using the one you've already created) an export ,and usethe item dropdown list from Maestro for that font size export.

There you can define many "keys" (wich will be the text displayed in the dropdown list) and asociated values (wich will be the internal value given to the export) for each key, for example

KEY : SMALL VALUE : 0.25
KEY: MEDIUM, VALUE : 0.5
KEY: LARGE, VALUE: 1
etc.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Sebastián Berdichevsky.

Changing font scale from the Page 8 months 3 weeks ago #509

I have missed something. I have the Export values on the Scene. I have made the Dropdown list that shows 3 options. small, medium & large. When I change the dropdown in the PageEditor screen I can see the Data in the Properties tab change.

When I load the Page into a rundown and select a size "medium" I can see the object in the rundown update to the value that matches small ".65"

But when I take the project to air the size stays the same as the default I Built it with (the one labeled "small"

I feel like I have not connected the dropdown sizes to the text objects. But that's just a guess.

Changing font scale from the Page 8 months 2 weeks ago #510

Are you giving the Dropdown value to the Text Size export?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds