Using OradTouch on the iPad
Using the OradTouch application, presenters can directly interact with a wide variety of graphical content in a broadcast environment.
Unique to OradTouch is the realtime background update which allows the presenter to see the result of their interactions immediately on the iPad screen, without having to look at an external monitor. This means that the presenter is always maintaining their focus on presenting their story rather than looking at a touchscreen.
The application runs natively on Apple’s iPad.
Interactive templates are prepared in Orad’s 3Designer application, where scene elements are associated with different interaction types (such as tap, drag and hold). The template is then loaded with Orad’s 3DPlay application and these interactions are associated with 3DPlay actions. When the appropriate interaction is made with the object from the iPad, 3DPlay triggers the action in response.
The OradTouch application for iPad is available as a free download in the Apple App Store. To access it, open the Appstore application on the iPad. You’ll need to register if you do not already have an account for the Appstore.
Note: Alternatively you can download the application using iTunes and synchronize/upload it to the iPad.
Working with OradTouch
Prior to working with OradTouch as a presenter, OradTouch should be configured by your control room operator or someone who is familiar with Orad’s control application(s).
In order to work with OradTouch, a wireless connection to the HDVG and stream server must be available.
To configure OradTouch for use
1. Launch OradTouch
2. Input the IP address and port of the HDVG Rendering Host that OradTouch will send the touch inputs to.
3. Input the IP address, port and name of the image that that OradTouch will receive a background feed from.
4. Optionally set the transparency level for the screen overlay
5. Tap on “Save General Settings”; OradTouch will then connect to the hosts
OradTouch is now ready for use.
To interact with the production graphics
To switch back to the configuration screen
• Tap on the small button in the lower left of the iPad display
To disable or enable the telestrator buttons
• While in the settings screen, use the slider next to each telestrator style to enable / disable the button.
To assign different Telestrator styles
In the event of a problem with OradTouch, please contact Orad’s Support services: